The scientific formula for momentum
M x V = P Mass (m) x velocity (v) = Momentum (p)
The formula for momentum is Newtons Second Law and states that mass (which means you) plus velocity equals momentum.
I’ve always been fascinated by the laws of nature, and have seen firsthand when they’re applied what radical changes they’ve created in business and every area of life.
The law of momentum states that the faster something is moving—whether it be a car, any moving object or thing (like your business), the harder it is to stop.
Momentum also goes hand in hand with personal productivity. Momentum allows you to make the most of your time and create exceptional results you would have great difficulty to achieve without it.
Using the formula for momentum for online business success
If you consider the term “momentum” outside of the world of physics and instead apply it to the online world, you could take the example of an entrepreneur who starts their business.
In the beginning they will be putting in daily effort, doing various tasks and even if in the first few days or weeks they don’t see many results, once someone is doing enough of the right things consistently their momentum will soon take off and they will regularly get excellent results and become very successful online.
There is always resistance when you’re doing something new and if you start but then take your foot off the gas, you stall creation and won’t reap the immense benefits and rewards momentum gives you!
VELOCITY AND SPEED
For your business to have momentum, some force needs to set it in motion (your daily actions), and that force needs to be applied over a period of time (consistency) which then guarantees excellent results(if you do highly effective activities and actually work instead of surfing or wasting time).
It’s also your approach, not your identity that will decide how difficult or quickly you will gain momentum.
Below is a simple formula for momentum that you can use to create exponential results in your business in minimal time:
1. Identify your Goals. Plan clear goals and decide to make it happen. It doesn’t matter if you’ve struggled for years before. Anything is possible and your only limitations are those you place on yourself. The most important thing you can do to achieve your goals is to be very clear exactly what it is you want and are trying to achieve and what steps (and smaller goals) are needed to make it real.
2. Identify your Strengths: Identifying your strengths is a key secret to success. When you do, your work will be much more enjoyable, your progress will be much faster and you will get momentum you can easily retain. Working in your weaknesses is like working with a handicap, and strangely enough most online marketers are frustrated because they don’t work in areas of their strengths.
3. Systemize Everything: Create a 90 day plan, with a daily method of operation and stick to it no matter what (most people start strong but with the first obstacle or difficulty fizzle out). Analyze which EXACT steps you will take each day and what the most effective tasks are to propel your business forward. You don’t need to know everything when you begin. Pick 1 core strategy and master it (before adding other things) until you’ve gained momentum and you’re consistently getting the results you want.
If you can’t describe what you’re doing as a process you don’t know what you’re doing – Edward Demming
4. Be Consistent: Being consistent is one of the most powerful and crucial elements to success in any area of life. It’s what sets you apart from the rest and is way more important than moments of occasional greatness or intense bursts of genius! Almost everything in life can be learned, achieved and acquired through consistent, focused action and it’s the main reason anyone gains momentum.
5. Get Metrics: Find a way to track exactly what you’re doing in your business and the results you are getting from each activity you do. Even if when you begin you use the method of testing and trying and failing forward fast, running a business without metrics is like driving a car with your eyes closed.
Many people think motivation leads to action, but the reverse is actually true — action precedes motivation. Getting momentum initially might seems difficult (like losing bad habits or instilling good ones), but with a little discipline and follow through, momentum comes and miracles happen!
For a more indepth insight into the formula for momentum, an excellent book I can highly recommend is: The Momentum Effect – How to ignite exceptional growth
In The Momentum Effect, J.C. Larreche introduces a complete framework for gaining momentum, keeping it, and harnessing its power. It’s a very insightful, stimulating and thought provoking book with enlightening research and practical insights how to create immense momentum in any business and leave your competitors in the dust.
Commitment is the ignitor of momentum. – Peg Wood
Success requires first expending ten units of effort to produce one unit of results. Your momentum will then produce ten units of results with each unit of effort. – Charles J. Givens
A great flame follows a little spark. ~ Dante Alighieri
I would love to hear about any methods you’ve found that helped you gain momentum and any other ideas or suggestions you have that make getting momentum easier.
To your Immense Success,
Connect with me on Facebook *´¨`*.¸¸.* ♥
Sign up to my newsletters…….
Images courtesy of (lemonade, master isolated images, korat member, anusorn p nachol) FreeDigitalPhotos.net